This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: V8 test-in-container patch
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, joseph at codesourcery dot com, carlos at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 22:14:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: V8 test-in-container patch
Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Please have a look at misc/tst-ttyname. It uses a bind mount to put
> /proc into the chroot, and it does not have this problem.
So that gets past the /proc mount, but if you bind mount /proc, it's in
the wrong namespace and you can't fix the UID map:
error: test-container.c:948: can't write to /proc/self/uid_map
Without the uid map, you don't own your own files in the new namespace.
Like I said, fragile :-P