This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] malloc/malloc.c: Mitigate null-byte overflow attacks
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: m dot eckert at cs dot ucsb dot edu, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, scarybeasts at gmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:28:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] malloc/malloc.c: Mitigate null-byte overflow attacks
Florian Weimer <email@example.com> writes:
> I think it would make sense to have different error messages in both
> cases, to make crash reports more meaningful. And __glibc_unlikely
> should be used.
> DJ, could you commit this in Moritz' name with a proper changelog