This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Don't use ps_get_thread_area in libthread_db (bug 23402)
- From: Jim Wilson <jimw at sifive dot com>
- To: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 14:48:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RISC-V: Don't use ps_get_thread_area in libthread_db (bug 23402)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <mhng-9d9327a3-71b2-4714-9a11-b54ca5725ed4@palmer-si-x1c4>
On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 2:37 PM, Palmer Dabbelt <email@example.com> wrote:
> It looks like this got lost in the shuffle, but as far as I can tell it
> makes sense. Is anyone opposed to this, which differs only in the comment?
> -/* Magic for libthread_db to know how to do THREAD_SELF. */
> +/* Informats libthread_db that the therad pointer is register 4, which
> is used
> + * to to know how to do THREAD_SELF. */
The new comment could use a little editing.
informats -> inform
therad -> thread
to to -> to
DJ had a valid concern that we will need to handle 32-bit support
somehow, but that could be fixed when the 32-bit support goes in. We
just need to make sure we don't forget to add this to the 32-bit patch