This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 00/12] S390: Implement __fentry__
- From: Ilya Leoshkevich <iii at linux dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: stli at linux dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 09:57:23 +0200
- Subject: [PATCH 00/12] S390: Implement __fentry__
This patch series adds the runtime support in glibc for the -mfentry
gcc feature introduced in  and .
Patches 1-9 deal with avoiding clobbering %r0 when calling lazily bound
functions, so that the new __fentry__ symbol could be called with return
address in that register.
Patch 10 removes the assumption that only Intel implements __fentry__.
Patch 11 adds __fentry__ implementation.
Patch 12 is a cleanup of problems in 31-bit mcount, which are similar to
those found while implementing 64-bit __fentry__.