This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 1/1] NEWS: Avoid the words "nominative" and "genitive".
- From: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 11:47:52 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [PATCH 1/1] NEWS: Avoid the words "nominative" and "genitive".
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>
Glibc supports two grammatical forms of month names and we keep adding
the locale data which actually use this feature but those two forms are
not necessarily nominative and genitive. It is better to use a more
NEWS | 7 ++++---
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index b08fee6..c946ba2 100644
@@ -48,13 +48,14 @@ Major new features:
- fdiv, fdivl, ddivl and corresponding fMdivfN, fMdivfNx, fMxdivfN and
-* Nominative and genitive month names are now supported for the following
+* Two grammatical forms of month names are now supported for the following
languages: Armenian, Asturian, Catalan, Czech, Kashubian, Occitan, Ossetian,
Scottish Gaelic, Upper Sorbian, and Walloon. The following languages now
- support abbreviated alternative month names: Catalan, Greek, and Kashubian.
+ support two grammatical forms in abbreviated month names: Catalan, Greek,
+ and Kashubian.
* Newly added locales: Lower Sorbian (dsb_DE) and Yakut (sah_RU) also
- include the support of the nominative and genitive month names.
+ include the support for two grammatical forms of month names.
* Building and running on GNU/Hurd systems now works without out-of-tree