This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 11/12] Fix the ld flags not be applied to tst-execstack-mod.so
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zong Li <zong at andestech dot com>
- Cc: <palmer at dabbelt dot com>, <darius at bluespec dot com>, <andrew at sifive dot com>, <dj at redhat dot com>, <rth at twiddle dot net>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <rth7680 at gmail dot com>, <zongbox at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:11:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 11/12] Fix the ld flags not be applied to tst-execstack-mod.so
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, Zong Li wrote:
> Fix the ld flags for applying the 'execstack' option correctly.
Could you give a more detailed explanation? Presumably it's of the form
that a particular file was intended to be linked with particular options,
but that's ineffective because of the incorrect Makefile variable name.
Please also include GNU-style ChangeLog entries with patch submissions.
As with other such changes, I think this is not logically part of the new
port and so should not be included in the patch series. However, it's the
sort of safe bug fix that should be appropriate during the freeze, given a
suitable commit message and ChangeLog entry.
Joseph S. Myers