This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v8 6/8] nptl: Add abilist symbols for C11 threads
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:49:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 6/8] nptl: Add abilist symbols for C11 threads
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 07/13/2018 05:49 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
Thanks for all the reviews, I have updated my personal branch  with
all you required changes:
Thank you for your patience. This is looking really good now.
- ABI fixes for mips-gnu-linux-soft.
I can confirm that these are fixed.
- pthread_create / pthread_join cast inconsistency.
- sysdeps/nptl/threads.h moved to nptl/threads.h.
- thrd_sleep is now a cancellable entrypoint.
- once_flag and ONCE_FLAG_INIT and __ONCE_ALIGNMENT definition.
Should the type be a struct?
I think ONCE_FLAG_INIT needs to be a compound literal, not an
initializer, at least that's how I read the standard (“which expands to
a value that can be used to initialize an object”).
- thread_local guards for C++.
Missing indentation of the #define. The manual could mention that for
C++, C++11 or later needs to be used to get the thread_local keyword
(not the macro).
- TSS_DTOR_ITERATIONS assert check.
I am not sure about the thread error code mapping to errno, it will
required tying POSIX error code to C11 use some internal mechanism
It will most like require generate a platform-specific file
auto-generated from errno definitions (more build complexity), and
I am not sure if this micro-optimization will really yields any
I'm fine with leaving it as is.