This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 0/2] Correct absolute (SHN_ABS) symbol run-time calculation [BZ #19818]
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at mips dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, "Cary Coutant" <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 13:06:25 +0000
- Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Correct absolute (SHN_ABS) symbol run-time calculation [BZ #19818]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This mini patch series addresses the issue filed as BZ #19818 where
absolute (SHN_ABS) symbol are incorrectly relocated by the base address at
run time, whereas their values are supposed to remain unaffected by
As we have run-time symbol address calculations (often made in a slightly
but insignificantly different way) scattered throughout our tree I have
decided to unify all that code, hopefully making it cleaner and easier to
maintain, and made it patch 1/2 in this series. Then patch 2/2 is the
actual fix, which owing to 1/2 has become a one-liner.
See individual change descriptions for details.