This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Hard links in glibc build?
- From: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at google dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:01:56 +0000
- Subject: Hard links in glibc build?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In the course of building current glibc using Google's internal
filesystems, we've run across a handful of places (nptl/Makefile etc) that
use ln -f instead of the configure setting LN_S, but the filesystem we use
for building does not allow hard links, and we've patched glibc locally to
make symlinks, which seems to work fine. Is there some arcane reason that
these need to be hard links, or can everything be changed to use symlinks?