This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: POT-Creation-Date line not making it into the output of gettext ("")?
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 22:33:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: POT-Creation-Date line not making it into the output of gettext ("")?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKCAbMjv1OttyKJx6UUC35mL6zFcYy-q5GkA1aEs5FuB=8bKVQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKCAbMjtFAQt7Hhjw4wkrav3Tg=-ALE81EArMV+jVj0V3ifKUg@mail.gmail.com> <20180207154446.GA2428@aurel32.net> <CAKCAbMgT1R_8bBeRZVoMdFoDjvdgjUjz=BteLwmHZq86bNahYw@mail.gmail.com>
On 2018-02-07 12:16, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Aurelien Jarno <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On 2018-02-07 10:13, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> >> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> > This is bug 21508.
> >> Hmm, the patch linked from bugzilla might not be appropriate as-is, if
> >> we want to support both old and new msgfmt.
> > Why? It creates a new input po file without POT-Creation-Date. The
> > output pot file will therefore also not have this header, with both old
> > and new msgfmt.
> I'm sorry, I misunderstood what your patch does. I have reread it
> carefully and I have only one problem with it: the dependency from
> catgets/ $(objpfx)de.msg to $(common-objpfx)intl/tst-gettext-de.po
> creates an unenforced requirement for "make check" to process the intl
> subdirectory before the catgets subdirectory. We already have too
> many of these unenforced subdirectory ordering requirements, and it
> doesn't look like catgets->intl is an existing one. Would you please
As far as I understand, we already have this ordering requirement as
catgets/tst-catgets.c includes <intl/msgs.h>, which is generated from
the po file. That's actually the reason why catgets has to be modified
in addition to intl.
> instead add the logic to strip POT-Creation-Date to xopen-msg.awk,
> which appears only to be used to create the test de.msg file?
I can try this way. It only means that the mangling done on intl as
to be kept in sync with catgets.
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B