Re: POT-Creation-Date line not making it into the output of gettext ("")?

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> wrote:
> On 2018-02-07 10:13, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:
>> > This is bug 21508.
>>
>> Hmm, the patch linked from bugzilla might not be appropriate as-is, if
>> we want to support both old and new msgfmt.
>
> Why? It creates a new input po file without POT-Creation-Date. The
> output pot file will therefore also not have this header, with both old
> and new msgfmt.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood what your patch does.  I have reread it
carefully and I have only one problem with it: the dependency from
catgets/ $(objpfx)de.msg to $(common-objpfx)intl/tst-gettext-de.po
creates an unenforced requirement for "make check" to process the intl
subdirectory before the catgets subdirectory.  We already have too
many of these unenforced subdirectory ordering requirements, and it
doesn't look like catgets->intl is an existing one.  Would you please
instead add the logic to strip POT-Creation-Date to xopen-msg.awk,
which appears only to be used to create the test de.msg file?

OK with that change.

zw