This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Canonical Standards Names
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rical Jasan <ricaljasan at pacific dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Michael Kerrisk <mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com>, Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:55:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Canonical Standards Names
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A key thing to sort out is to what extent the @standards information
should include information about function origins, e.g. BSD, beyond the
information about which formal standards, corresponding to feature test
macros supported in glibc, have a given function or other feature.
Joseph S. Myers