This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Update timezone code from tzcode 2017b
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:59:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Update timezone code from tzcode 2017b
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for doing all that. Those changes look good to me.
The intent is that glibc should be insulated from tzcode changes, in
that glibc should be able to copy the latest source code from tzcode
unaltered, without having to change any other source file in glibc.
Obviously this doesn't work in areas where glibc assumes particular
contents of timezone/private.h, an assumption that is unfortunately
necessary in a few places. For what it's worth, looking at the planned
(i.e., post-2017b) changes to tzcode's private.h, I don't see anything
likely to cause problems in the next merge. If you can see any changes
to the tzcode source files that could help avoid similar merge problems
in the future, they'd be welcome, as I want the merge process to be as
painless as practical.