Re: 2.25 Freeze getting slushy soon

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 23:59:43 +0530
Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> In a little over 12 hours it will be 1-Jan-2017 everywhere, which means
> it is time for glibc 2.25 to go into a slushy freeze.  The tunables and
> condvar patchsets seem to be in the clear and ready for inclusion.  What
> is the status of the following:
>
> * _Float128 support on ppc64le
>   - The patchset does seem to have been approved yet and there doesn't
>     seem to have been any movement since mid-December.  Should we punt
>     this to the next release?

The patches that add the "_compat" suffix to the filenames of IEEE
wrappers are related to the _Float128 work, even though they do
not add code for the new type.  I sent them for review last week:
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-12/msg00960.html
If no one opposes, I'd like to see them integrated in 2.25.

As for the patches to actually enable _Float128 for powerpc64le, there
are at least 20 patches, of which only the first 8 received a first
round of review (and changes were requested), so I don't think this
should be considered for 2.25.