Re: Enable linknamespace testing for libdl and libcrypt

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016, Florian Weimer wrote:

> > Assuming there are no implementation-namespace exports of those functions
> > that libcrypt could use instead, that indicates whitelisting in
> > linknamespace.pl with a comment referencing a bug filed for nss-crypt
> > namespace issues.
>
> Well, this is only relevant if we actually had a libfreebl.a which defines the
> functions above.  I don't think such a thing exists.  Fedora and downstreams
> don't have it, and neither does Debian jessie.

As a cross-library namespace issue I'd expect it's just as relevant when
shared libcrypt is referencing these functions from another shared
library.  That is, this configuration involves a namespace bug, which is
hard to fix so the names in question are whitelisted.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com