This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[patch committed] strcoll_l, strxfrm_l are standardized now
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:47:52 -0500
- Subject: [patch committed] strcoll_l, strxfrm_l are standardized now
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have checked in the following patch, which corrects comments in
string.h. strcoll_l and strxfrm_l are in POSIX.1-2008, and are
correctly under #ifdef __USE_XOPEN2K8, but the comments say that they
have not yet been standardized.
* string/string.h: Remove obsolete comment stating that
strcoll_l and strxfrm_l have not yet been standardized.
diff --git a/string/string.h b/string/string.h
index 57deaa4..b103e64 100644
@@ -154,15 +154,13 @@ extern size_t strxfrm (char *__restrict __dest,
-/* The following functions are equivalent to the both above but they
- take the locale they use for the collation as an extra argument.
- This is not standardsized but something like will come. */
# include <xlocale.h>
-/* Compare the collated forms of S1 and S2 using rules from L. */
+/* Compare the collated forms of S1 and S2, using sorting rules from L. */
extern int strcoll_l (const char *__s1, const char *__s2, __locale_t __l)
__THROW __attribute_pure__ __nonnull ((1, 2, 3));
-/* Put a transformation of SRC into no more than N bytes of DEST. */
+/* Put a transformation of SRC into no more than N bytes of DEST,
+ using sorting rules from L. */
extern size_t strxfrm_l (char *__dest, const char *__src, size_t __n,
__locale_t __l) __THROW __nonnull ((2, 4));