This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Pending fixes for all-ABIs builds
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 09:28:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Pending fixes for all-ABIs builds
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/08/2016 12:25 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-11/msg00213.html (Update nios2
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-11/msg00214.html (Update alpha
localplt.data for hppa)
localplt.data for sh)
I looked at those and they seemed reasonable to me.
But there's one pre-existing issue I've been wondering about for a while
(along with the s390 maintainers): I don't understand why we have PLT
references to malloc & friends in ld.so. The malloc implementation
there is not compliant with the C requirements. Why is it exported, and
why do we use GOT indirection to call it?