This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add getrandom implementation [BZ #17252]
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 23:58:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add getrandom implementation [BZ #17252]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160610210303 dot 6CE3E40141175 at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com> <20160610221525 dot 038C62C39FB at topped-with-meat dot com> <d5e584cf-d189-be37-556e-eff8b6bb241d at redhat dot com>
On 06/23/2016 07:20 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
getrandom support in glibc is requested rather often.
As a (mostly) application developer I'd like to second those requests.
If glibc provided getrandom, I expect that it would be used by many GNU
applications, e.g., GNU Emacs.