This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] test-skeleton.c: Do not enable M_PERTURB
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:30:06 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] test-skeleton.c: Do not enable M_PERTURB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160623144042 dot E649F41C390E5 at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com> <20160623144927 dot GA17911 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com> <d94b6385-4106-8e7d-5ccc-31ed2abb5952 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 05:05:33PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> It could also cover up bugs which would otherwise be visible with fresh
> allocations which contain only zeros.
> Ideally, we'd run all tests twice, with different settings from the
> environment (and also with valgrind).
Yeah, if you were to do that kind of coverage at the distribution
level (i.e. run the tests twice, once with and then without valgrind)
that the change makes sense to make the tests behave as closely as
possible to the real world.
In short, LGTM.