This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] S390: Refactor ifunc resolvers due to false debuginfo.
- From: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:59:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] S390: Refactor ifunc resolvers due to false debuginfo.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <nje4om$vo0$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1606101658320 dot 721 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <njm78u$hlv$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1606131437230 dot 3019 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 06/13/2016 04:39 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
Sorry for the delay. I had to wait for some test machines to be
prepared. I have posted a patchset where the common libc_ifunc macro is
adjusted and used by all architectures including s390.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016, Stefan Liebler wrote:
On 06/10/2016 06:59 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
Are the debug info issues you describe unique to S/390 because of some
peculiarity of how S/390, and only S/390, defines IFUNC resolvers in
glibc, or do they apply to any other architectures as well and so need
The libc_ifunc macro in include/libc-symbols.h also uses the asm-name
and the debug-information contains the DW_AT_linkage_name field.
Then I think the goal should be to arrange things so that as much
infrastructure as possible is shared between architectures defining IFUNC
resolvers in C code, so that they all avoid this pitfall, rather than just
fixing one architecture.
Thus this patch is superseded by the patch series:
"[PATCH 1/8] Use gcc attribute ifunc in libc_ifunc macro instead of
inline assembly due to false debuginfo."