This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 01/27] [AARCH64] Fix utmp struct for compatibility reasons.
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Yury Norov <ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, LKML <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb dot de>, Catalin Marinas <catalin dot marinas at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, philb at gnu dot org, David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Andrew Pinski <apinski at cavium dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:37:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/27] [AARCH64] Fix utmp struct for compatibility reasons.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1466485631-3532-1-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com> <1466485631-3532-2-git-send-email-ynorov at caviumnetworks dot com> <5769139E dot 7020805 at arm dot com> <20160623043542 dot GA13449 at yury-N73SV> <CA+=Sn1nsODgGaRT8VLLqfVg+kp7=rr2i0XDT5j0NM_HJhMtv1Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvma8icnyw1 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20160623073607 dot GA21325 at yury-N73SV>
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Yury Norov <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 09:32:46AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> > So if you want aarch64 to be compatible with aarch32, you need to
>> > define __WORDSIZE_TIME64_COMPAT32. If we don't want aarch64 and
>> > aarch32 to be compatible at all, then we can drop this patch or if you
>> > don't want LP64 and ILP32 to be compatible either.
>> Or go the other way like s390 and use the LP64 layout for ILP32.
>> Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
>> GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
>> "And now for something completely different."
> It was an agreement that we don't fix Y2038 issues specifically, as
> there will be general fix.
Except that was the agreement for ILP32 what about AARCH32 and AARCH64
LP64 where is a known issue right now.
ARM and AARCH64 maintainers please chime in about this issue.