This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] localedata: i18napis: update LC_ADDRESS.country_post
- From: keld at keldix dot com
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 17:11:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] localedata: i18napis: update LC_ADDRESS.country_post
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465600030-31896-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <20160617144527 dot GA4321 at vapier dot lan> <6119339d-36a6-f62b-90d5-6db653e56c24 at redhat dot com>
I think theis is NOT OK, we should stand on our own feet,
especially when the other feet belorngg to people that are undermining
us an wants us to
disappear from the face of the world. We are slowly committing suicide.
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 02:07:38PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 06/17/2016 10:45 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > attaching v2 ... i think the mailing list ate it
> > -mike
> > Since CLDR has deleted all postal related information and have no plans
> > to re-add it, switch to the source they recommend: libaddressinput which
> > has an RPC API available.
> > https://github.com/googlei18n/libaddressinput
> > https://i18napis.appspot.com/address
> > So make sure country_post is set in every single locale, and set to
> > the right value, and clean up any old/stray comments in the process.
> OK if you add a NEWS entry explaining the migration. This is another case
> of us switching to using data from another project and it deserves a mention
> in the NEWS.