This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix misaligned access accessing HEADER struct in res_query.c
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:56:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix misaligned access accessing HEADER struct in res_query.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5E7CF115-219A-4260-BE53-19B5A8D1D7F3 at bell dot net>
On 06/15/2016 01:42 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
The attached patch fixes BZ 20243. The HEADER struct needs to be packed so that
byte accesses are used. Tested using glibc 2.22-11on hppa. Please install if okay.
+} __attribute__ ((packed)) HEADER;
Unfortunately, we cannot apply this simple fix because this is a public
header, and the above changes alignment of the struct. It would also
have to be __attribute__ ((__packed__)).