This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add getrandom implementation [BZ #17252]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 22:40:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add getrandom implementation [BZ #17252]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160610210303 dot 6CE3E40141175 at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com> <20160610221525 dot 038C62C39FB at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Roland McGrath wrote:
> You need to start with rationale justifying the new nonstandard API and why
> it belongs in libc, let alone why it should litter a POSIX-standard header.
Also compare and contrast the BSD-compatible getentropy, which was also
requested in the bug referenced.
Joseph S. Myers