This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Update minimum make version to 3.81
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:27:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update minimum make version to 3.81
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9be74649-8a90-1023-df39-a319b6d85b74 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
eval is a pretty horrible feature and I'd probably object to introducing
any uses of it into libc's makefiles. We already have lots of things that
might have been done that way, but are instead done with generated makefiles.