This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] elf: Add declarations for BPF
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, hsowa at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 21:43:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] elf: Add declarations for BPF
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465322879-30114-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <57571C1A dot 4060702 at redhat dot com> <1465328516 dot 11520 dot 60 dot camel at redhat dot com> <57587320 dot 2050802 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 15:33 -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> How did we get a temporary value without knowing who to contact? :}
The glibc elf/elf.h file says how to construct one, and rth knows
/* If it is necessary to assign new unofficial EM_* values,
pick large random numbers (0x8523, 0xa7f2, etc.) ... */
#define EM_BPF 0xeb9f
Personally I like rth's suggestion best.
But an "official" number would be fine too of course.