This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] elf: Add declarations for BPF
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: hsowa at redhat dot com, mjw at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 15:10:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] elf: Add declarations for BPF
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465322879-30114-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net>
On 06/07/2016 02:07 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> The e_machine value is provisionary, but will serve for now.
> I want to use this value in elfutils and systemtap. I will
> also propagate the value to llvm and their bpf backend.
> The R_BPF_MAP_FD value is being used by llvm, although they are
> using the name R_X86_64_64, which is perhaps less than ideal. ;-)
Who defines the e_machine values these days?
When does it become final? Before glibc 2.24 is released on August 1st?
I'm OK with the change, but worried about a final value.