This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v7] Add pretty printers for the NPTL lock types
- From: Martin Galvan <martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:36:37 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v7] Add pretty printers for the NPTL lock types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160603181331 dot 8569-1-martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com> <20160608122651 dot GA1759 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com>
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:13:31PM -0300, Martin Galvan wrote:
>> +py-const-files := $(patsubst %.pysym,%.py,$(gen-py-const-headers))
>> +py-const-dir := $(objpfx)pretty-printers/
> Does this work? That will try to create
Yeah, that's precisely what it does. I think it's good to have it like
that because when we work on the install stage it'll only have to move
everything from the "pretty-printers" directory in each submodule
instead of having to do some more complex searching. But I can leave
it in objpfx if you want.
> What you're looking for is just
> objpfx. In fact, if you set it to just current value of subdirs then
> it should generate the file in the source directory, eliminating the
> need to rebuild this file during every build.
I don't think it's a good idea to change anything in the source dir
when building. The only time I've had to do something like that is
when running a bootstrap script. If anything, the pretty printers
would have to be added to .gitignore or something.