This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Alternative libio vtable hardening approach
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Kees Cook <keescook at chromium dot org>, Yunlian Jiang <yunlian at google dot com>
- Cc: <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:08:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Alternative libio vtable hardening approach
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <b34105f2-adcb-9347-73c0-43079729c418 at redhat dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
On 31/05/16 14:07, Florian Weimer wrote:
> The basic idea is to put all libc vtables into a single array, and then check whether the vtable pointer is
> within that array.
does this mean that static linking anything with
stdio will include all the code referenced from
the vtables.. or was that already the case?