This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH mtd-utils] include sys/sysmacros.h for major/minor/makedev
- From: Brian Norris <computersforpeace at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: linux-mtd at lists dot infradead dot org, Michael Kerrisk <mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com>, linux-man at vger dot kernel dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 09:39:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH mtd-utils] include sys/sysmacros.h for major/minor/makedev
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1460860245-14895-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
+ man-page and glibc folks
On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 10:30:45PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> These functions have always been defined in sys/sysmacros.h under
> Linux C libraries. For some, including sys/types.h implicitly
> includes that as well, but glibc wants to deprecate that, and some
> others already have. Include the header explicitly for the funcs.
> Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger <email@example.com>
Patch looks fine to me, thanks. Pushed to mtd-utils.git.
But I don't see this change documented anywhere. (Helpfully, I do see
the change from your other patch -- _BSD_SOURCE -> _DEFAULT_SOURCE --
documented though!) Should the man-pages project be updated? I see the
latest makedev(5) still recommends #include <sys/types.h>.
> include/common.h | 1 +
> 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)
> diff --git a/include/common.h b/include/common.h
> index fb0ca83..8cb3142 100644
> --- a/include/common.h
> +++ b/include/common.h
> @@ -28,6 +28,7 @@
> #include <errno.h>
> #include <features.h>
> #include <inttypes.h>
> +#include <sys/sysmacros.h>
> #include "version.h"
> #ifndef PROGRAM_NAME