This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] localedate: LC_IDENTIFICATION.category: set to ISO 14652 2002 standard
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:57:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] localedate: LC_IDENTIFICATION.category: set to ISO 14652 2002 standard
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160413163945 dot GK6588 at vapier dot lan>
On 04/13/2016 12:39 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> The ISO 14652 standard defines the valid values for the category
> keyword as only two options:
> The vast majority of locales had changed the "i18n" string to the
> name of its own locale (e.g. "ak_GH:2013") as well as tweaking the
> date (presumably thinking it should be the date of submission).
> Convert all of them to "i18n:2002" for consistency.
Any chance you can tighten the parser to reject anything but the
two valid category keywords?
I think this change is correct, but I'd rather see a patch that
enforces policy *and* changes the locale source to match.