This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: S390: Silence gcc 5.1 array-bounds warnings if build with -O3.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:27:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: S390: Silence gcc 5.1 array-bounds warnings if build with -O3.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <n8cj2d$vl3$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On 01/28/2016 09:21 AM, Stefan Liebler wrote:
> The gcc 5.1 reports some "array subscript is above array bounds"
> warnings if compiled with -O3 on s390x. There are no warnings with -O2.
> Older or newer GCCs do not report these warnings.
> This patch silences these warnings with DIAG_* macros,
> except the test-cases, where an assert is included.
> Does anybody see these warnings on other architectures, too?
> Is it okay to silence these warnings?
Do you know if these warnings are related to GCC optimization decisions,
or are just there to educate the programmer?