This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Removal of unexec support from glibc malloc
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: rms at gnu dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, monnier at iro dot umontreal dot ca, emacs-devel at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:04:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: Removal of unexec support from glibc malloc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569CDB81 dot 6040600 at redhat dot com> <569D3BE0 dot 6050103 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <m2a8o2vg5x dot fsf at newartisans dot com> <569D4207 dot 4060209 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <569D6AE6 dot 1060008 at redhat dot com> <83bn8icjqu dot fsf at gnu dot org> <jwv60yk7snj dot fsf-monnier+gmane dot emacs dot devel at gnu dot org> <83r3h86aqf dot fsf at gnu dot org> <E1aN72k-00024K-Ep at fencepost dot gnu dot org> <56A7F07F dot 9000109 at redhat dot com> <83vb6fzo82 dot fsf at gnu dot org>
On 01/27/2016 04:38 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> AFAIK, Emacs has no reason to call any libraries in temacs except libc
> (and its logical extensions, like libm).
ELF constructors still run. Whether their effects are visible across
dumps depends on which symbols are referenced from the main program.
All this is rather brittle.