This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:51:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1453767942-19369-1-git-send-email-joern at purestorage dot com> <56A6C2E4 dot 7050508 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <1453841413 dot 18407 dot 7 dot camel at oc7878010663> <56A7E7E2 dot 8090604 at redhat dot com>
On 01/26/2016 01:40 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
In short, things aren't as bad as we thought they are, and we can
finally fix bug 6527 after we have implemented the traversal of the
dumped heap I mentioned above.
Thanks for the heads-up. We have also circulated some changes on the
Emacs side, to help Emacs work better with the Cygwin port of glibc,
which also has problems in this area. These Emacs changes are not yet
installed and are not currently planned for the next Emacs release, but
are likely to go in after that. When it's convenient I would like to
test these Emacs changes with the glibc malloc changes that you're
envisioning, and iron out any glitches that come up.