This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Close down glibc-sc mailing list.
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Mark Brown <ms_brown at sbcglobal dot net>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at linaro dot org>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 15:45:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: Close down glibc-sc mailing list.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1aLIs3-00021d-VR at fencepost dot gnu dot org> <569D7328 dot 5030502 at sbcglobal dot net> <569E9328 dot 2000403 at redhat dot com> <569EC10E dot 2010600 at sbcglobal dot net>
On 01/19/2016 03:04 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
I think that there are some preparatory,
diplomatic steps that would need to be taken first.
I agree. Although I don't see the need to devote a list to informal
back-channel communication (I already get too much email like that as it
is and I'm sure you do too...), there are occasions where such
communication can be helpful. Perhaps we can suggest that FSF leadership
simply contact us privately as needed if there's something that calls
out for privacy. If they don't know offhand which of us would be best to
contact about a particular matter, I suppose they can just contact