Re: Fwd: glibc and unexec

On 01/19/2016 03:41 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:

> Yes, I still think that's the bottom line here.  Florian's more-recent
> messages suggest that the "removal of unexec support" thread is to some
> extent a false alarm, in that current Emacs executables will still run
> with new glibc,

Yes, that bit was never up to debate.

> and current Emacs sources will still configure and run
> with new glibc.

We don't know that yet for certain because we do not have tested it
(particularly not older versions). In my test, Emacs simply interposed
its own bundled malloc implementation, which is quite the opposite of
âgetting out of the malloc businessâ. And a multi-threaded Emacs will
likely exercise gmalloc.c in new ways not originally expected.

Florian