This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED] Change for locale fr_CH and it_CH for monday as fisrt day of the week
- From: keld at keldix dot com
- To: Arnaud <listes dot 00 at gmail dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 03:29:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED] Change for locale fr_CH and it_CH for monday as fisrt day of the week
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569D90B8 dot 7020509 at gmail dot com> <569D91CA dot 6050809 at gmail dot com> <20160119014137 dot GS4894 at vapier dot lan>
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 08:41:37PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2016 02:30, Arnaud wrote:
> > Hello,
> why does the subject say "committed" ? this hasn't been committed,
> so using that tag makes no sense and is just confusing.
> > Would it be possible to change the locale fr_CH and it_CH to have monday as the first day of the week ?
> do you have links to standards to justify the change ?
> we like to note this info for reference/historical tracking.
It is probably because ISO 8601 is a Swiss standard.
ISO 8601 says that Monday is the first day of the week.