This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add hwcap2 bits for POWER9
- From: Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, linuxppc-dev at lists dot ozlabs dot org, Steve Munroe <munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 20:30:44 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add hwcap2 bits for POWER9
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <568C272D dot 6000705 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <87egdsi4om dot fsf at totoro dot br dot ibm dot com> <1452267366 dot 5201 dot 12 dot camel at vnet dot ibm dot com> <568FE3D0 dot 7080008 at linaro dot org> <87wprgdu3u dot fsf at totoro dot br dot ibm dot com> <5693C861 dot 9030308 at redhat dot com> <87bn8revra dot fsf at totoro dot br dot ibm dot com>
On 1/11/16 5:55 PM, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho wrote:
However, I do agree with the concerns raised by Peter and Adhemerval: glibc
should be in sync with the kernel by the time of the release in order to
guarantee both bits are reserved for the exact same goal and we should have
both AT_HWCAP and AT_PLATFORM supporting the new processor.
With that said, I was planning to revert both commits d2de9ef7 and b1f19b8e
if we don't get the kernel patch accepted into the powerpc tree in time for
the release 2.23.
Kernel patch is in, commit f689b742f217b2ffe7925f8a6521b208ee995309
Carlos Eduardo Seo
Software Engineer - Linux on Power Toolchain