This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: deprecate sys/sysmacros.h inclusion from sys/types.h
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:02:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFC: deprecate sys/sysmacros.h inclusion from sys/types.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <564D4C62 dot 3090404 at panix dot com> <566591BA dot 7090403 at panix dot com> <CAKCAbMjWAUk8br8WNnShQ2JNPyoCAyE_f+XAKPJ2yMUratgQcg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5693C73F dot 50908 at panix dot com> <5693C9F3 dot 70500 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> I would like this to go into 2.24.
> The reason I say this is that we're very close to a Fedora release and
> I would like time to put the deprecation code into Rawhide to get the
> developers to cleanup their code there.
I'm happy to have this go in on whatever schedule is most convenient
for the community at large. Perhaps we should check whether your
proposed schedule is also good for other distributions?
(also, still waiting for any feedback at all on the content of the changes ;-)