This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #19329] Fix race between tls allocation at thread creation and dlopen
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Ilya Palachev <i dot palachev at samsung dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:46:47 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #19329] Fix race between tls allocation at thread creation and dlopen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <568D5E11 dot 3010301 at arm dot com> <5693CEC1 dot 5080006 at samsung dot com> <5693DB7D dot 2040302 at arm dot com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
On 11/01/16 16:42, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
On 11/01/16 15:48, Ilya Palachev wrote:
How can you prove that it is working if the assertion that was failing is now just deleted from the code?
i can only prove that the assertion is wrong by
analysing the code: the condition it verifies
cannot be enforced with the current design.
removing it is harmless since the slotinfo entries
are lazy initialized.
actually this is not true if dlclose may be called
concurrently with pthread_create as i noted in my
new patch description.
i don't know how to protect against that.