This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #19329] Fix race between tls allocation at thread creation and dlopen
- From: Ilya Palachev <i dot palachev at samsung dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 18:48:17 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #19329] Fix race between tls allocation at thread creation and dlopen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <568D5E11 dot 3010301 at arm dot com>
On 06.01.2016 21:33, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
/* Keep track of the maximum generation number. This might
not be the generation counter. */
- assert (listp->slotinfo[cnt].gen <= GL(dl_tls_generation));
- maxgen = MAX (maxgen, listp->slotinfo[cnt].gen);
+ maxgen = MAX (maxgen, gen);
Thanks for the patch.
But it seems quite strange that the failed assertion is simply deleted
from the code.
Is it still failing for your patch?
How can you prove that it is working if the assertion that was failing
is now just deleted from the code?
If I just remove the assertion and do nothing else, the error will go away.
Can you stay the assertion at its place or otherwise explain why do you
want to remove it?