This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Tunables for 2.23?
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: sid at reserved-bit dot com, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, "munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com" <munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 02:40:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: Tunables for 2.23?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <568C2AE6 dot 90002 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 02:43:18PM -0600, Paul E. Murphy wrote:
> Siddhesh has been working on Tunables on his siddhesh/tunables branch. I'd done
> some extra work to extend it to support dynamic TLE . This is needed to get
> good TLE performance from power8 hardware.
> I'd like to see this cleaned up and included in the next release. Is this still
> Are there still others outside of ppc who would like to see this feature
> get in for this release?
Yes I would like it for x86 too. It's very useful.
Last time I tested it I ran into some issue (elision didn't work
anymore).I'll double check this. But don't let me stop you from
email@example.com -- Speaking for myself only.