This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Large parallel glibc builds.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, sellcey at imgtec dot com
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Konstantin Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 15:21:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: Large parallel glibc builds.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5679A3BE dot 2060303 at redhat dot com> <1450813206 dot 4194 dot 48 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <5679ADC7 dot 1020508 at redhat dot com> <5679AFDC dot 2060804 at redhat dot com>
On 12/22/2015 03:17 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 12/22/2015 09:08 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I believe PARALLELMFLAGS is still required, I use it in my scripts.
>> I haven't seen anyone fix this or make it more "just works."
> It's supposed to be obsolete since 2001, when it was removed from the
> glibc manual.
That's certainly wrong. It's still used in the top-level Makefile to
parallelize the $(all-subdir-targets) and others.