This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Export __parse_hwcap_and_convert_at_platform to, libc.a
- From: "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GLIBC <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "Steven J. Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:52:11 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Export __parse_hwcap_and_convert_at_platform to, libc.a
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56706135 dot 1000901 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 12/15/2015 12:51 PM, Carlos Eduardo Seo wrote:
> Commit 67385a01d229751569b6aac067ffdcd813a15d7a added a new feature for powerpc, where we store HWCAP/Platform bits in the TCB. In the dynamic linking case, we use the versioned symbol '__parse_hwcap_and_convert_at_platform' to verify if this feature is available. However, the same symbol was not exported to libc.a, making it not possible for GCC to check for it prior to link time. This patch fixes that.
Is this better or worse than amending the troublesome spot to:
#if IS_IN (rtld) || !defined (SHARED)
as versioned_symbol() translates to weak_alias() in the later case.
If not, LGTM.