This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PATCH 2/2] Remove ancient GCC string inlines
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- Cc: 'GNU C Library' <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 20:33:11 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 2/2] Remove ancient GCC string inlines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FF1B652685AE434E94C2981B001E196529AF7B0DBC at GEORGE dot Emea dot Arm dot com> <AM3PR08MB00885D97CC806E89B2A71C1583EF0 at AM3PR08MB0088 dot eurprd08 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1512161837390 dot 15602 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <AM3PR08MB008854AEDA075CE11111729383E00 at AM3PR08MB0088 dot eurprd08 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
> Joseph Myers wrote:
> > I think the previous discussion concluded that a new ABI macro for these
> > out-of-line functions should be added to replace _STRING_ARCH_unaligned
> > for that purpose, so the patch needs revising rather than simply pinging.
> We should add another macro indeed, but that can be done in a different patch
> as my patch doesn't make the existing situation any worse.
But I think we need both patches before 2.23, to avoid a change to the ABI
of these functions for AArch64.
Joseph S. Myers