This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Cleanup ARM ioperm implementation
- From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 00:06:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Cleanup ARM ioperm implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1449873171-7158-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
On Friday 11 December 2015 23:32:51 Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Since GLIBC requires a minimum 2.6.32 kernel, the patch cleanups
> the ARM ioperm by removing pre-2.4.23 kernel support.
> ChangeLog | 9 +++++++++
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c | 11 ++---------
> 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
The patch looks fine, but I found something else about the code here:
I notice that the contents of that file only deal with a single ARMv4
platform, and very few of those machines are still in use with
Would it make sense to build this code only when targeting an ARMv4
system, as opposed to ARMv5 or ARMv7?