This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Use direct socket syscalls for new kernels on i386, m68k, microblaze, sh
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, schwab at linux-m68k dot org, david at holsgrove dot tech
- Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 23:00:13 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Use direct socket syscalls for new kernels on i386, m68k, microblaze, sh
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1512091654140 dot 27205 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
From: Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:56:14 +0000
> David, it seems that 32-bit SPARC is the only architecture supported
> by glibc that still lacks these direct syscalls. It would be good to
> get them added to the SPARC kernel so we can eventually eliminate
> socketcall support in glibc (and thereby just use entries in
> sysdeps/unix/syscalls.list for most of these functions) when we can
> assume new-enough kernels.
I'll look into take care of this, thanks Joseph.