AW: Specific Linux syscalls for glibc API

On 11/17/2015 05:34 PM, Joseph Myers wrote

> Following recent discussions of API sources for glibc, I propose that we
> consider the following Linux syscalls and related interfaces appropriate
> for the OS-independent GNU API, should someone post patches implementing
> them (possibly only for Linux),

As I am particularly interested in having pthread_gettid_np() added, would it
help to send a patch just to add that function (and its documentation) at this
point in time? AFAICT, this patch would be rather trivial, so I somewhat doubt
that putting it together really helps, but if it does, please let me know.

> * gettid, pthread_gettid_np (bug 6399).

I'm not sure w.r.t. the added value of a gettid wrapper though: Assuming the
availability of pthread_gettid_np(), pthread_gettid_np(pthread_self()) would
(apart from some locking to prevent thread termination in the meantime) just
do what gettid() is supposed to do.