This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] localedef: Add --localedir and --archive-file options (Bug 19130)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:50:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] localedef: Add --localedir and --archive-file options (Bug 19130)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561F230E dot 5050801 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> (2) Add a `--localedir=PATH` option per BZ #19130.
It's possible this option name may be confusing. Cf. bug 14259 discussing
the meaning of the configure --localedir option. (I think that bug is
only a documentation issue - install.texi needs to document exactly what
the configure option means, without any change to what that option does.)
Do we want the localedef option to have a meaning completely different
from that configure option, and so possibly add to that confusion?
Also, a new feature like this should have its own NEWS entry, not just a
number in the list of fixed bugs (even if by the time of the next release
we have a system to generate a list with bug descriptions included).
Joseph S. Myers