This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.22 --- Hard freeze. Test your machines.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, leonhard dot holz at web dot de
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:40:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.22 --- Hard freeze. Test your machines.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55B305CB dot 2090809 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1507281749400 dot 20867 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 07/28/2015 01:51 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> I've tracked the sort-test.sh intermittent failures to:
> commit f13c2a8dff2329c6692a80176262ceaaf8a6f74e
> Author: Leonhard Holz <email@example.com>
> Date: Tue May 12 11:37:52 2015 +0200
> Improve strcoll with strdiff.
> This patch improves strcoll hot case by finding first byte that
> mismatches. That is in likely case enough to determine comparison
> See details and deterministic reproducer in bug 18589. This is a
> regression from 2.21, though it may not need to block the release.
Thanks. I'll have a look at this.